The Vicat Group's core values were forged over 160 years of experience, invention and exploration into how we can best conduct business while remaining true to our principles and building upon our successes.
- Nimbleness, rapid yet informed responses to opportunities and challenges.
- A drive for innovation and progress, building on Louis Vicat’s focus on scientific exploration in the 19th century.
- Tenacity, the ability to carry through with plans and meet challenges as they arise.
- Being part of a company that provides the energy, support and inspiration which enables us attain our goals.
Cement, concrete, aggregates: the Group’s three core businesses
Vicat’s primary focus has always been the production of cement. The addition of concrete and aggregates allows us to round out our core product offerings. In addition, the Group has a strong presence in related industries, such as prefabricated concrete products, building chemicals and shipping.
Central to our core value of informed progress, Vicat is fully focused on developing processes that reflect our fundamental concern for environmental protection.
The Group has established five priorities related to environmental protection and conservation:
- Integration of quarries into the surrounding environment
- Utilization of alternative energy sources
- Water management
- Reduction of noise pollution
- Climate protection by managing co2 emissions.
Innovation as a vocation
Our company began with an exciting scientific discovery, the invention of artificial cement, and Vicat continues to foster innovation. Using state-of-the-art assessment tools, the Group's R&D teams influence the development of all products according to three criteria: performance, environmental-friendliness and ease of use.
staff: 7 700
5 000 partners out of France